Keeping healthier snacks on hand can help you maintain your waistline and reduce your sugar intake. These muffins are easy enough to whip up quickly, and freeze well for breakfast on the go or an afternoon snack!
o 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
o 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
o 2 eggs
o 3/4 cup Xylitol granules
o 2 tsp baking powder
o 1 tsp baking soda
o 2 Tbsp ground flax seed (or chia seeds)
o 1 tsp vanilla extract
o 2 large, ripe bananas
o 1/2 cup chopped nuts*
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone cupcake liners.
2. Place the oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor.
3. Process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth.
4. Spoon batter into cupcake liners, about 3/4 full, then bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool slightly on a wire rack and serve warm.
*You could also replace the chopped nuts with carob chips or mini chocolate chips
Do you have a xylitol recipe to share? Please comment below or post it to our Dr. John's Facebook page.