Katie's back in the kitchen, creating more tried & true xylitol recipes for you! Here's a recipe for a moist & delicious flourless chocolate cake, sweetened with birch xylitol granules.
o 2 sticks (1 cup) butter o 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips o 6 large eggs o 1 cup Dr. John's Xylitol Sweetener o 1 Tbsp vanilla extract o 2 Tbsp coffee liqueur (or liqueur of choice)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. For individual cakes, spray 6 ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. For a larger cake, line the bottom of a spring form pan with a parchment round, wrap the outside of the pan with a triple layer of foil to protect from leaks in the water bath, then lightly spray the bottom and sides of the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave in a large bowl, on 30-second intervals until melted.
4. Whisk in the eggs and xylitol until well combined.
5. Stir in the vanilla and liqueur until smooth. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
6. Place the spring form pan in a larger pan (like a 13x9) and fill the larger pan with enough hot water to come up level with the batter.
7. Bake 30-40 minutes, until center of cake is firm to the touch, then remove from the oven. If not serving warm, allow to cool completely in the water bath.